Thursday, November 1, 2012

Busted Can of Biscuits (Keeping Motivated)

So... some days I just feel like I have made no progress at all... I wonder when I am a size ten if I will still feel that way. Probably. I call those days Busted Can of Biscuits days. If you have seen the way a can of bisuits busts open and the biscuits lump out all over the place, you will understand what I mean by that.
 
On my BCB days, I take pics and do before and after shots of myself, just to remind myself on where I came from and where I am going. And if it is a really bad day, I post it on facebook and get an ego boost... You have to have those sometimes and there is nothing wrong with it. It not only helps keep you motivated, but it also helps to inspire others to lose weight also. I have been shocked, not only the number of people that have told me that I have inspired them, but some of the people that I don't that well who tell me what an inspiration I have been to them. I am truly honored and humbled by that.  
 
Here is my most recent picture:


I have it printed out and taped on my desk so that I can glance up and see it for those BCB moments. A quick fix if you will. :)
 
Let me encourage you, that if you are going to start losing weight, please take before pics of yourself. I know it sucks monkey butt...serious monkey butt... however, I now wish that I had more before pics of myself. I had to find my before picture on someone else's facebook page. I avoided cameras. I think everyone that I know has a picture of me flipping them off. They can't use the picture if there is something obscene in it ... right?!?!? As you lose a jean size take a pic of yourself in them. And then do a collage of the Before and Now. You may not see a huge difference at first, but you will by the second jean size.
 
Don't get discouraged either. Especially in the beginning. I read somewhere that it takes 6 weeks for you to really notice a difference and about 10 weeks for others to notice. Trust me, the time goes by quickly and once you start dropping jean sizes, it goes by even quicker. Trust me.
 
This morning was a Busted Can of Biscuits morning. I decided to do somehing a little bit different. I laid my old jeans out (yes I kept them so to remind me of where I don't want to be ever again) and laid my current size jeans on top of them.
 

Quite a bit of difference. Then I decided to put on my jeans and then see if my old ones fit over them... they did... and they were loose!


And a nice little bonus... I had purchased the white and black shirt at Cato's probably 4 years ago, it was on clearance for $4.00 and I LOVED it. Problem was it was about 3 sizes too small. But I didn't care... I will lose weight and wear it. I always told myself that if I could just get into that shirt, I would be satisfied.... Well, I got into that shirt over a month ago and it is now very loose on me. I am kind of sad about that too. haha!


But not sad enough to stop.

Do what you need to do to stay motivated. My biggest help is pictures... they don't lie.

 
 
 

 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment