Friday, October 26, 2012

Beginning

I guess this is just like any story... you start at the very beginning. I at first thought this would just be about my weight loss, but have realized that it really is more than that. My whole journey in losing weight involves me trying to find myself and figure out who I am and who I want to be.

So, here is a brief bio of me. My name is Jill Barnes, I have the most amazing parents that I fondly refer to as Ward and June (because they are so darned normal!) I have 2 sisters and a brother, who are just as amazing as my parents. We were raised to be loyal, honest and hard working and to think for ourselves.  And I am thankful for that. At the age of 21 I had a daughter named Emaleigh and then married Scotty a couple of months later and then when I was 23 I had a daughter named Kaitlyn. These girls have no idea how much they have meant to me, especially over the last year... there are many days that they are the reason that I got out of bed in the morning.

Anyway... my marriage was a difficult one. I wouldn't say unhappy really, although at times it was. I am in no way shape or form using this to trash Scotty, my children are half him and to trash him would be to trash them. We both had our faults. We stayed married for 18 years... no one can say that we didn't try! We did. Our divorce was granted the first week of August. I can honestly say that I did not shed a tear that day.

Anyway.... When I met Scotty, at the age of 17, I was a size 7-9. I will have to find a picture of myself to prove it haha! After 2 kids and 18 years of marriage.... I had become... and I can't even believe I am going to put this out for the world to see.... a size 24... and it was tight.
 
 
 
 
Yep... that was me alright. I didn't start off intending to lose weight really. I just noticed that since I wasn't cooking big meals every night, since it was just me and girls, that I just seemed to be losing weight. I would say that I lost about 20 pounds and about a size between April and August. After the divorce was granted I decided that I wanted to make some real changes to my life. Not just on the outside, but on the inside. I had lived my life for so long as Scotty's wife and Emaleigh and Kaitlyn's mom.
 
Anyway.... that is where this part of my journey begins... deciding that I have to make a life for myself... apart from being anyone's wife or mother. Some days in this journey are good, some days are bad... some are just downright confusing. But it is my journey.
 

 

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment